Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April 1, 2014


Dear Family,
It happened. I've been transferred. Getting that call from the zone leaders on Sunday night was probably the worst moment of my mission so far. I have to tell you that the only thing that helped me get through it was the power of prayer and the Gift of the Holy Ghost. As I prayed Sunday night feeling much despair, I felt the gentle promptings of the Spirit bringing peace to my heart. I know all will be well. I LOVE MAPLE VALLEY. And I do not want to leave. But I am so so so grateful for what I have learned here and for all the people who had such a wonderful influence in my life. I just can't believe my time here is over! It was almost harder than leaving home. When I left to serve my mission I knew you would all be there in 18 months and our relationships would never fade. But I can't know for sure that these people that I have come to know and love will be a huge part of my life here on earth. I love them so much! But what I do know and have hope in is knowing that one day I can see them all again on the other side! The gospel is just great! (Plus, facebook! Haha!)
Well, enough of my sob story. We had an amazing miracle happen this week! We met a lady who used to be a member of the church in the parking lot of our apartment complex last week. She was walking her dog and we talked to her for a bit and she said she missed the community of the church. We invited her to the Women's Conference and she wanted to go! She came with us this last Saturday, along with Sister Bryant. Afterwards we gave her a tour of the church. Yesterday we stopped by her apartment to set up an appointment and she asked for a Book of Mormon. She said she was excited to get back into. Meeting her is possibly one of the most amazing miracles of my mission so far! She is so humble of heart and has such a wonderful Spirit about her. Meeting her is a testimony to me that the greatest blessings are found as we "endure to the end." Serving in Maple Valley for so long, I have some of the greatest miracles towards the end of my service here.
So yesterday was pretty stressful since I was trying to say goodbye to A LOT of people. But I have to tell you what made my day wonderful. We had a member lesson set up with a family where the parents are getting divorced. The dad is active in the church and the mom is not, but they both welcome us into their home. We taught about the Gospel of Jesus Christ: Faith in Jesus Christ, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. As we taught and as they shared their experiences in living the gospel, we felt of the most sweet and peaceful Spirit in the room. This dear family is obviously going through a tremendous trial. They need the gospel. Sister Kirschner and I were able to witness Heavenly Father's love for them as the Spirit testified to us that the things we were talking about were true. It was the most peace that I felt all day, and I walked away from that lesson with a smile on my face and real joy in my heart, the kind of joy that can only be given to us by our Heavenly Father.
I love you all so much! I can't believe it's only 8 months til I see you again! Sometimes it's still surreal that I am even on a mission. But I am so grateful I am here. There was a girl I met before my mission that told me that her mission saved her life. And I understand what she meant now! Serving the Lord in this way is saving my life in a way I have never felt before. I can promise you I do not enjoy every moment of my mission-it can be hard-that's life! But I can promise you that I have no regrets in serving and that the gospel of Jesus Christ is real. Our Savior lives, and He loves us tremendously. Have a great week and enjoy listening to the words of a living prophet of God this weekend during General Conference!
Oh, and please pray for me that I might start liking change. ha! :)

Love,
Sister Mecate

No comments:

Post a Comment