Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March 3, 2014


Dear Family,
Washington weather is such a tease. We had one beautiful day this week, and then back to the dreary, rainy, cold weather. But all is well nonetheless! The gospel makes up for the gloominess! So we had a most fantastic lesson with one of our investigators this week, focused on the Book of Mormon. Wow, that book is true, I'm telling you. The spirit that the Book of Mormon invites is amazing. And when the Spirit of God is present, we feel the love of God and we begin to gain faith in His Son Jesus Christ. And we have hope that all will be well and that we are not alone in this vast, sometimes unwelcoming, world. If you need hope, read the Book of Mormon, and I promise that the light and hope of God's love will flood into your life. And it doesn't always come so easily, but if we search diligently and with real faith, we will find the peace we are looking for. I had a district leader once who said, "When we know the Book of Mormon is true, so many other things just become true to us." That is a testimony to me that learning truth from God is a spiritual matter that we don't always understand. We can't logically make sense of everything, because we are human and can't comprehend all that God is or does! Who would have guessed! but if we trust the Spirit, if we trust that there is something greater than us out there, then it all begins to align and we find the peace and understanding we are looking for. In one of our meetings yesterday, we discussed some of the struggles that Satan (the adversary) attacks us with to make us doubt or fall away from trusting in Heavenly Father and being at peace. If there is one thing he doesn't want, it's for us to know the truth and to be happy. So he finds ways to introduce doubt. If we fall into the trap of gaining a logical testimony, we won't make it very far when the winds and storms of life hit us. But if we trust in the soft, sweet whisperings of the Spirit, we will never fail. We must remember that God speaks to us in a different way than we might expect. In Isaiah 55:8-9 it says, "For my athoughts are not byour thoughts, neither are your cways mydways, saith the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my aways bhigher than your ways, and my cthoughts than your thoughts." The Lord works differently than man does. We need not "trust in the arm of flesh," (D&C1:19), but trust in the Lord. Trust in the things you have felt in your heart. Work hard to strengthen your testimony through the Spirit. It will carry you through more than any worldly or "logical" knowledge could. Preach My Gospel says, "No one can know of spiritual truths without prayer." If we pray, the answers from the Spirit will come, and we will be happy! The more I teach people here, the greater my testimony of these principles grow. They are true, and I am committing myself to remember these things throughout my life!
I am surrounded by some great missionaries. Right now my district is-Elder Dymock (district leader). He is one of the most energetic and enthusiastic missionaries I have ever met. Our district meetings are filled with excitement and laughter, that's for sure.His companion, Elder Peay, has the funniest humor, and such a tender heart. He reminds me of my friend, Ridge! Same conniving ideas, too! Then there is Elder Smith. He goes home at the end of this transfer- he is so humble and so awesome! I want to be more patient and humble like Elder Smith. His companion is Elder Pennington-what a crack up. He is too is humble and teachable and so willing to work, but just a tad crazier than Elder Smith. Then there is Elder Bagley, who actually came out with me and I couldn't remember him. I felt so bad! But he is great, very knowledgeable and a good balance for his companion, Elder Barg. Elder Barg is a convert and loves to talk. He's from Hick town Idaho, and he's serving in Hick town Washington so he loves it. And then there is me and Sister Kirschner. We are pretty cool as you know, so I won't say much else :) but I will say that I love Sister Kirschner, and she is crazy ina good way!
Sorry my email is shorter this week. I love you all sooooo much! Share your testimony with someone this week! It'll be great! 
Love,
Sister Mecate

No comments:

Post a Comment