Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July 8, 2013

I made it through another week without drowning in the rain or being eaten by a dog! Haha! And actually it has been very warm here and has not rained much for the last couple of weeks. But everyone here has a dog! Literally, 97% of people here have a dog and many like to bark at us while we are tracting. 


So whenever I go to write my email for the week I feel like my mind goes blank and I don;t have enough to time to write everything. Now that we are working with the 2 wards and have a bigger are there are more people we get to meet. It has been awesome! We are sad to have to give back the other ward in a couple of weeks at the next transfer, but the Lord's way is ALWAYS the best way!
This week we went tracting on a couple of days and I was actually excited for it! Each door is another opportunity to bear my testimony and share the gospel with another of Heavenly Father's children, even if some of them do NOT like "Mormons." One lady we tracted into was Born-Again Christian. She told us we didn't believe in Christ and that we didn't repent, and that we just believed in a "church" and in works getting us to heaven. I was quick to jump on that! The thought of someone really believing that about the true Gospel of Jesus Christ stunned me. Sister Margaritis and I tried to explain to her our belief in Jesus Christ and His Atonement. She just would not accept what we were saying. She said she loved us and would be praying for us to see the truth one day. I could not help but feel sorry that she feels sorry for me! If only she knew the true joy of the Gospel, she would understand. I was just so frustrated and coming up with so many good comebacks I could have said to her while we knocked on the next few doors. I knew that it would have been bad to get in an argument, but I just can't help feeling like there is more I could have said to her before we walked away, so she could feel the Spirit and know that this is Christ's church, not ours. Just this morning I was reading in D&C 137 where is says we are saved by works AND the desire of our hearts. We must believe in Christ. We must have our hearts turned to Him and desire what He desires. And then we must act on our faith. How else can we progress? Anyways, I pray that the Spirit can guide me so I can help others to come unto Christ and His restored gospel on the earth.


I wish I had more time to email, but I am running out! I love you all so much! Keep the faith!
 When anything seems impossible, remember that Christ overcame it ALL! Have a great week!
Sister Mecate

No comments:

Post a Comment